GFMER Course Coordinator
Dr Raqibat Idris, MBBS, DO, MPH
GFMER Course Coordinator
Dr Raqibat Idris holds an MBBS degree from the College of Medicine University of Lagos, a Diploma in Ophthalmology from the West African Postgraduate College of Surgeons, a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Liverpool, as well as a Conjoint 553 certificate in the Clinical Management of HIV from the University of Washington. She completed the Sexual and Reproductive Health Research training course of the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER) in 2011 and attended a follow-up research workshop held in Geneva in 2012.
She worked in private, faith based and government institutions in Nigeria as a general practitioner and ophthalmologist; and with the Ministry of Health and Social Services in Namibia as an HIV clinician on a Center for Disease Control project.
She joined GFMER in 2011 and works in the capacity building of health professionals in the field of sexual and reproductive health and research. She coordinates training projects, mentors course participants, develops and review training modules and provides technical and scientific support. She currently manages the yearly GFMER online training courses in sexual and reproductive health.
The evidence-based management of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia - University of Oxford
- The Oxford Evidence-based Management of Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia Training Course in Sokoto, Nigeria, December 10, 2011
The evidence-based management of postpartum haemorrhage
- Abawi K, Chandra-Mouli V, Toskin I, Festin MP, Gertiser L, Idris R, Hamamy H, Ali M, Bonventure AM, Temmerman M, Campana A. E-learning for research capacity strengthening in sexual and reproductive health: the experience of the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research and the Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization. Hum Resour Health. 2016 Dec 7;14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12960-016-0173-0
- Abawi K, Gertiser L, Idris R, Villar J, Langer A, Chatfield A, Campana A, Abawi K, Gertiser L, Idris R, Villar J, Langer A, Chatfield A, Campana A. A large-scale Internet /computer-based, training module: dissemination of evidence-based management of postpartum hemorrhage to front-line health care workers. International Journal on E-Learning. 2017;16(4):317-28. Available from: https://www.learntechlib.org/p/151263/
- Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2013 - GFMER Geneva Team
- Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2014 - GFMER Geneva Team
- Training Course in Sexual and Reproductive Health Research 2014 - Assignment guide - Raqibat Idris, Karim Abawi
- Training course in adolescent sexual and reproductive health 2018, Geneva, Switzerland - Raqibat Idris - GFMER picture of the week
- Training course in adolescent sexual and reproductive health 2020, Geneva, Switzerland - Raqibat Idris - GFMER picture of the week
- Follow-up meeting of the training course in adolescent sexual and reproductive health 2020 - Raqibat Idris - GFMER picture of the week
- GFMER training course in adolescent sexual and reproductive health 2021 for WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region - Raqibat Idris - GFMER picture of the week
- About GFMER – Dr Raqibat Idris, GFMER Course Coordinator - GFMER- MSc Global Health Programme Students of the University of Glasgow Meeting 2021
- GFMER training course in research methodology and research protocol development 2021 - Raqibat Idris - GFMER picture of the week