Nightingale Hospital, Calcutta, India
Purushottam Sah, MBBS, DGO
Gynecologist, Nightingale Hospital, Calcutta, India
Gynecologist, Arogya Niketan Private Limited, Uttarpara, India
Interested in developing ‘Low Cost Infertility Treatments’ for disadvantaged population.
Pioneered the low cost ‘Low Dose Estrogen-Testosterone Combination Therapy’ for Oligospermia.
Aim is to collaborate for developing medical therapies to treat severe oligoasthenospermia, so that the female partners do not have to carry the burden of treatments for a problem of ‘male infertility’.
Publications in journals
- Sah P. Can sperm count increase in six to eight weeks? The Internet Journal of Endocrinology. 2010;6(1): Available from: http://www.ispub.com/journal/the-internet-journal-of-endocrinology/volume-6-number-1/can-sperm-count-increase-in-six-to-eight-weeks.html
- Sah P. A Therapeutic Scheme For Oligospermia Based On Serum Levels Of FSH And Estradiol. The Internet Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2007;8(1): Available from: http://www.ispub.com/doi/10.5580/176d
- Sah P. Oligospermia In A Man With Small Testes And Elevated Serum FSH Responds To Low Dose Estrogen-Testosterone Combination Therapy, Resulting In His Wife’s Pregnancy And Live Birth. The Internet Journal of Endocrinology. 2005;2(1): Available from: http://www.ispub.com/journal/the-internet-journal-of-endocrinology/volume-2-number-1/oligospermia-in-a-man-with-small-testes-and-elevated-serum-fsh-responds-to-low-dose-estrogen-testosterone-combination-therapy-resulting-in-his-wife-s-pregnancy-and-live-birth.html
- Sah P. Oligospermia due to partial maturation arrest responds to low dose estrogen-testosterone combination therapy resulting in live-birth: a case report. Asian J Androl. 2002 Dec;4(4):307–8.
- Sah P. ‘Twist theory’ for the roles of estrogen and testosterone in the process of spermatogenesis. Med Hypotheses. 2002 Sep;59(3):312–3.
- Sah P. Role of low-dose estrogen-testosterone combination therapy in men with oligospermia. Fertil Steril. 1998 Oct;70(4):780–1.