Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Nigeria
Amaka Ocheke, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Lecturer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Nigeria
Honorary Consultant, , Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Nigeria
I was born in Abidjan and I have graduated from the University of Port Harcourt. I did my specialist training in Ob/gyn at the Jos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria.
I am married mother with 4 children. I work as a lecturer and consultant at the University of Jos and the Jos University Teaching Hospital respectively.
My areas of interest include reproductive health, adolescent gynecology and reproductive endocrinology.
Publications in journals indexed in PubMed
- Ocheke AN, Musa J, Uamai AO. Hydatidiform mole in Jos, Nigeria. Niger Med J. 2011 Oct;52(4):223–6.
- Ocheke AN, Umar NI, Silas OA, Tanko NM, Mutihir JT. Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma of the cervix. Afr J Paediatr Surg. 2011 Apr;8(1):95–7.
- Ekwempu CC, Ocheke AN, Ocheke AA, Uba FA. A 10-year audit of gynaecological surgeries performed in the paediatric age group at the Jos University Teaching Hospital. Afr J Paediatr Surg. 2010 Dec;7(3):178–80.
- Ocheke AN, Ekwempu CC, Musa J. Underutilization of vaginal hysterectomy and its impact on residency training. West Afr J Med. 2009 Oct;28(5):323–6.
- Ocheke AN, Ocheke ON, Musa J, Ekwempu CC. The impact of HIV/AIDS epidemic on the choice of specialties among medical students and house officers in Jos, Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2008 Jun;17(2):201–4.