Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Ado Geidam, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Senior Lecturer and Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist, University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
I, Dr Ado Danazumi Geidam, was born at Geidam, Yobe state, northern Nigeria. I received the basic medical degree at the University of Maiduguri, Nigeria in September 1998. Then I underwent residency training at the university of Maiduguri teaching hospital and became a fellow of the West-African College of Surgeons by examination in April 2007. I am currently a senior lecturer and a consultant obstetrician and gynecologist at the University of Maiduguri teaching hospital. I teach both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students.
Publications in journals indexed in PubMed
- Mairiga AG, Geidam AD, Bako B, Ibrahim A. Nigerian lawyers and reproductive health rights: a survey of knowledge, practices and opinions on law reforms among the bar and bench in north eastern Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2012 Mar;16(1):69–74.
- Kullima AA, Audu BM, Geidam AD. Outcome of twin deliveries at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital: a 5-year review. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011 Sep;14(3):345–8.
- Geidam AD, Lawan ZM, Chama C, Bako BG. Indications and outcome of abdominal myomectomy in University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital: Review of ten year. Niger Med J. 2011 Jul;52(3):193–7.
- Geidam AD, Audu BM, Oummate Z. Pregnancy outcome among grand multiparous women at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital: a case control study. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011 Jul;31(5):404–8.
- Geidam DA, Geidan DA, Audu BM, Bukar MB, Bukar. Morbidity of total abdominal hysterectomy at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Nigeria. Niger J Med. 2010 Dec;19(4):467–70.
- Obed JY, Geidam AD, Reuben N. Autologous blood donation and transfusion in obstetrics and gynaecology at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital Maiduguri, Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2010 Jun;13(2):139–43.
- Kullima AA, Kawuwa MB, Audu BM, Geidam AD, Mairiga AG. Trends in maternal mortality in a tertiary institution in Northern Nigeria. Ann Afr Med. 2009 Dec;8(4):221–4.
- Kullima AA, Kawuwa MB, Audu BM, Usman H, Geidam AD. A 5-year review of maternal mortality associated with eclampsia in a tertiary institution in northern Nigeria. Ann Afr Med. 2009 Jun;8(2):81–4.
- Geidam AD, Audu BM, Kawuwa BM, Obed JY. Rising trend and indications of caesarean section at the university of Maiduguri teaching hospital, Nigeria. Ann Afr Med. 2009 Jun;8(2):127–32.
- Bako BG, Audu BM, Geidam AD, Kullima AA, Ashiru GM, Malah MB, Ngadda HA, Musa AB. Prevalence, risk factors and effects of placental malaria in the UMTH, Maiduguri, North-eastern, Nigeria: a cross-sectional study. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009 May;29(4):307–10.
- Audu B, Geidam A, Jarma H. Child labor and sexual assault among girls in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009 Jan;104(1):64–7.
- Geidam AD, Yawe KD, Adebayo AE, Idrisa A. Hormonal profile of men investigated for infertility at the University of Maiduguri in northern Nigeria. Singapore Med J. 2008 Jul;49(7):538–41.
- Audu B, Yahya S, Geidam A, Abdussalam H, Takai I, Kyari O. Polygamy and the use of contraceptives. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2008 Apr;101(1):88–92.