Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem
Women Health Centre, Assiut University, Egypt
Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women Health Centre, Assiut University, Egypt
I’m Dr Mahmoud Ahmed Mahmoud Abdel-Aleem, working currently as an Assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women health centre, Assiut University. This centre serves both as a primary and referral centre for many patients in Upper Egypt. As in most developing countries, I have many responsibilities and duties. I have educational, clinical, research and surgical roles in my centre. As regards educational roles, I’m a tutor for undergraduate students and a lecturer for postgraduate students who will be specialists in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. I’m a clinician concerned with safe reproductive health and high risk pregnancy management. I'm also an infertility specialist interested in both endoscopic surgery and ART aspects. From the research point, I’m indulged in many aspects of research concerned mainly with maternal health, endometriosis and obstetric Ultrasonography. Also, I have participated in some Cochrane systematic reviews.
I was lucky enough at the start of my career to attend the respectable and comprehensive course around research methodology held in 2003 by GFMER. That course added much to my knowledge and allowed me to have sound clinical and research roles at my centre.
Publications in journals
- Abdel-Aleem H, Abdel-Aleem MA, Shaaban OM. Tocolysis for management of retained placenta. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;(1):CD007708.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Merialdi M, Elsnosy ED, Elsedfy GO, Abdel-Aleem MA, Villar J. The effect of calcium supplementation during pregnancy on fetal and infant growth: a nested randomized controlled trial within WHO calcium supplementation trial. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009 Feb;22(2):94–100.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Shaaban OM, Abdel-Aleem MA. Cervical pessary for preventing preterm birth. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;(9):CD007873.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Shaaban OM, Abdel-Aleem MA, Fetih GN. Doxycycline in the treatment of bleeding with DMPA: a double-blinded randomized controlled trial. Contraception. 2012 Feb 9.
- Abdel-Aleem H, Singata M, Abdel-Aleem M, Mshweshwe N, Williams X, Hofmeyr GJ. Uterine massage to reduce postpartum hemorrhage after vaginal delivery. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010 Oct;111(1):32–6.
- Abdel-Aleem M, Osman A, Morsy K. Effect of coadministration of dexamethasone with intrathecal morphine on postoperative outcomes after cesarean delivery. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012 Feb;116(2):158–61.
- Bedaiwy MA, Abdel-Aleem MA, Miketa A, Falcone T. Endometriosis: a critical appraisal of the advances and the controversies of a challenging health problem. Minerva Ginecol. 2009 Aug;61(4):285–98.
- Bedaiwy MA, Abdelaleem MA, Hussein M, Mousa N, Brunengraber LN, Casper RF. Hormonal, follicular and endometrial dynamics in letrozole-treated versus natural cycles in patients undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2011;983. Available from: http://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/83
- Bedaiwy MA, Noriega J, Abdel Aleem M, Gupta S, AbulHassan AM, Brainard J, Ismail AM, Falcone T. Evaluation of peritoneal fluid hemosiderin-laden macrophages in biopsy-proven endometriosis. Anal Quant Cytol Histol. 2012 Feb;34(1):23–7.
- Darwish AM, Amin AF, AbdelAleem MA, Youssef MA. Laparoscopic management of benign adnexal masses: experience in a developing country. Gynaecological Endoscopy. 2001;10(3):159–65.
- El Saman AM, Abdel-Aleem M, Habibe DM, Aboelhasan AM. Failed vaginoplasty: a successful novel blend of minimally invasive approaches. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012 Jan;160(1):84–7.
- El Saman AM, Shahin AY, Nasr A, Tawfik RM, Saadeldeen HS, Othman ER, Habib DM, Abdel-Aleem MA. Hybrid septate uterus, coexistence of bicornuate and septate varieties: A genuine report. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012 May 21.
- Hofmeyr GJ, Abdel-Aleem H, Abdel-Aleem MA. Uterine massage for preventing postpartum haemorrhage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008;(3):CD006431.
- Widmer M, Blum J, Hofmeyr GJ, Carroli G, Abdel-Aleem H, Lumbiganon P, Nguyen TNN, Wojdyla D, Thinkhamrop J, Singata M, Mignini LE, Abdel-Aleem MA, Tran ST, Winikoff B. Misoprostol as an adjunct to standard uterotonics for treatment of post-partum haemorrhage: a multicentre, double-blind randomised trial. Lancet. 2010 May 22;375(9728):1808–13.