EWG: Ovarian stimulation for ART
Anders Nyboe Andersen
Chair - EWG: Ovarian stimulation for ART
Anders Nyboe Andersen, MD, Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Head of the Fertility Clinic, Section 4071, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
64 years old. Graduated Medical school Copenhagen University January 1975. Specialised in Gynecology and Obstetrics. Interested in infertility and endocrinology from the late 1970th. Have worked almost exclusively with Assisted Reproductive Technology for the last 25 years. Head of the Fertility clinic since 1995. Published my thesis in 1984 on hyperprolactinemia. Published around 230 scientific papers mostly clinical papers related to ART and infertility. Member of ESHRE’s executive board for 4 years, chairman of ESHRE’s European IVF Monitoring. Arranged international congresses like the annual ESHRE meeting in Copenhagen 2005. Earlier Associate Editor Acta Endocrinologica and Human Reproduction. Faculty adviser for 15 PhD students during the years.
Ten most recent publications
- Pinborg A, Gaarslev C, Hougaard CO, Nyboe Andersen A, Andersen PK, Boivin J, Schmidt L. The influence of female body weight on assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures and live birth rates. A longitudinal multi-centre cohort study of 487 infertile couples. Reprod Biomed Online. 2011 Oct;23(4):490-9.
- Connolly MP, Postma MJ, Crespi S, Nyboe Andersen A, Ziebe S. The long- term fiscal impact of funding cuts to Danish public fertility clinics. Rep BioMed Online 2011 Dec;23(7):830-7.
- Devroey P, Pellicer A, Nyboe Andersen A, Arce J-C on behalf of the MEGASET group. A randomised, assessor-blind trial comparing HP-hMG in a GnRH antagonist cycle with compulsory single blastocyst transfer. Fertil Steril. Advanced Access, January 2012.
- Blomberg Jensen M, Jørgensen A, Nielsen JE, Bjerrum PJ, Jessen TE, Skalkam M, Petersen JH, Bangsbøll S, Nyboe Andersen A, Skakkebæk NE, Juul A, Rajpert-De Meyts W, Leffers H, Jørgensen N. Expression of CYP24A1 at the annulus of human spermatozoa is a potential marker of semen quality. Int J Androl. January 2012. In press.
- de Mouzon J, Goossens V, Bhattacharya S, Castilla JA, Ferraretti AP, Korsak V, Kupka M, Nygren KG, Nyboe Andersen A; European IVF-Monitoring (EIM); Consortium for the European Society on Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 2007: results generated from European registers by ESHRE. Hum Reprod. 2012 Apr;27(4):954-66.
- Nyboe Andersen A, Witjes H, Gordon K, Mannaerts B. AMH for predicting poor ovarian responders in GnRH antagonist cycles. Hum Reprod. 2012;27(6):1877.
- Ferraretti AP, Goossens V, de Mouzon J, Bhattacharya S, Castilla JA, Korsak V, Kupka M, Nygren KG, Nyboe Andersen A; European IVF-monitoring (EIM); Consortium for European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 2008: results generated from European registers by ESHRE. Hum Reprod. 2012 Sep;27(9):2571-84.
- Thuesen LL, Loft A, Egeberg AN, Smitz J, Petersen JH, Nyboe Andersen A. A randomised controlled dose-response pilot study of adding hCG to recombinant FSH during controlled ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilisation. Hum Reprod. Advanced Access 2012.
- Bentzen JG, Forman J, Lidegaard Ø, Larsen EC, Pinborg A, Friis Hansen L, Holm Johannsen T, Nyboe Andersen A. Ovarian reserve parameters: a comparison between users and non-users of hormonal contraception. RBM Online. Printed ahead of print.
- Lermark L, Heegaard H, Nyboe Andersen A, Schmidt L. Intention and attitudes towards motherhood and fertility awareness among 20-40 year old female health professionals. European Journal of Contraception and Reproductive Health Care. Accepted August 2012.