Yusuf Mohammed Ahmed
Ethiopian Somali Regional State Health Bureau, Jijiga, Ethiopia
Yusuf Mohammed Ahmed, Diploma and BSc in MLT, MPH in Field Epidemiology
Public Health Emergency Management Officer, Ethiopian Somali Regional Health Bureau
I am Yusuf Mohammed Ahmed. I was born in Luchoo (Rakkobas) Masala, W/Hararghe Ethiopia in 1977. I received Diploma, BSc, & MPH degrees from GCMS, Jimma University, & Addis Ababa University in 1998, 2006, & 2012 respectively. I have been assigned in Somali Region & used to work in different health facilities & Jijiga Health Science College for more than 10 years. After I got my MPH in Field Epidemiology in 2012, I joined Ethiopian Somali Regional Health Bureau (PHEM) where still I am working. My areas of interests include Outbreak Investigation, Humanitarian Need Assessment, Surveillance Data Analysis, & attending Scientific Conference.
During working at Regional Health Bureau, I played important role in establishing of public health surveillance system, including Maternal Death Surveillance Responses. Providing important information like ANC coverage on weekly basis. Besides I am having special interest on research areas especially on diseases under surveillance and researches related to reproductive health.
- Mohammed Y, Melaku S (2016) Neonatal Tetanus after Home Delivery: A Case Report in Ethiopian Somali Region, December 2015. Gen Med (Los Angeles) 4: 269. doi:10.4172/2327-5146.1000269
- Yusuf Mohammed Ahmed, Ali Abdi Salah. Epidemiology of Dengue Fever in Ethiopian Somali Region: Retrospective Health Facility Based Study. Central African Journal of Public Health. Vol. 2, No. 2, 2016, pp. 51-56. doi: 10.11648/j.cajph.20160202.12
- Ma’alin A, Birhanu D, Melaku S, Tolossa D, Mohammed Y, Gebremicheal K. Magnitude and factors associated with malnutrition in children 6–59 months of age in Shinille Woreda, Ethiopian Somali regional state: a cross-sectional study. BMC Nutrition. 2016;2:44. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40795-016-0079-1
- Mohammed Y. Investigation of Dog Bites Victims in Kebribeyah District: Ethiopian Somali Region, Eastern Ethiopia, December 2013. Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2016 Jun 17;2016. Available from: http://www.rroij.com/abstract.php?abstract_id=75312
- Woyessa AB, Deti T, Yadata A, Kenna A, Addisalem K, Yesuf M, Abebe M. Investigation of measles outbreak-Herena and Dawe-Serer Districts of Bale Zone, Oromia Region, Ethiopia, February 2011. Retrovirology. 2012;9(Suppl 1):P39. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1742-4690-9-S1-P39
- Mohammed Y, Bekele A. Seroprevalence of transfusion transmitted infection among blood donors at Jijiga blood bank, Eastern Ethiopia: retrospective 4 years study. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9(1):129. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13104-016-1925-6