Save the Children, Mali
Yahia Dicko, MD, Researcher
Reproductive Health Program Manager, Save the Children Mali
Associated Researcher in World Bank Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund project on the impact and cost-effectiveness of an integrated parenting, nutrition and malaria prevention package to improve nutrition and child development in infants and pre-school children (0-6 years)
I trained at the Malaria Research and Training Center at the University of Bamako, which is funded by the NIH and NIAID of the US government. I have six years of experience in clinical and qualitative research, and have been co-investigator of several research studies on the cost-effectiveness of intermittent and preventive treatment of malaria in children in Mali. Since 2013, I’m the Research Coordinator for Save the Children in Mali. In 2013, I led a partnership with UNICEF conducting formative research on the food habits of people in Sikasso and Yorosso regions in support of operational research on the distribution of micronutrient powders. In 2014, I participated in the situational analysis and design of the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health program in Sikasso, for which I support project research and innovation. I’m a trainer in good clinical and laboratory practice (GCP/GLP) for clinical research conduct.
- Dicko A, Dicko Y, Barry A, Sidibe Y, Mahamar A, Santara G, Dolo A, Diallo A, Doumbo O, Shafi F, François N, Yarzabal JP, Strezova A, Borys D, Schuerman L. Safety, reactogenicity and immunogenicity of 2-dose catch-up vaccination with 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) in Malian children in the second year of life: Results from an open study. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015;11(9):2207-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21645515.2015.1016679
- Dicko A, Santara G, Mahamar A, Sidibe Y, Barry A, Dicko Y, Diallo A, Dolo A, Doumbo O, Shafi F, François N, Strezova A, Borys D, Schuerman L. Safety, reactogenicity and immunogenicity of a booster dose of the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) in Malian children. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Feb;9(2):382-8.
- Dicko A, Diallo AI, Tembine I, Dicko Y, Dara N, Sidibe Y, Santara G, Diawara H, Conaré T, Djimde A, Chandramohan D, Cousens S, Milligan PJ, Diallo DA, Doumbo OK, Greenwood B. Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria provides substantial protection against malaria in children already protected by an insecticide-treated bednet in Mali: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. PLoS Med. 2011;8(2):e1000407. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1000407
- Dicko A, Barry A, Dicko M, Diallo AI, Tembine I, Dicko Y, Dara N, Sidibe Y, Santara G, Conaré T, Chandramohan D, Cousens S, Milligan PJ, Diallo DA, Doumbo OK, Greenwood B. Malaria morbidity in children in the year after they had received intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in Mali: a randomized control trial. PLoS ONE. 2011;6(8):e23390. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0023390
- Sagara I, Rulisa S, Mbacham W, Adam I, Sissoko K, Maiga H, Traore OB, Dara N, Dicko YT, Dicko A, Djimdé A, Jansen FH, Doumbo OK. Efficacy and safety of a fixed dose artesunate-sulphamethoxypyrazine-pyrimethamine compared to artemether-lumefantrine for the treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malaria across Africa: a randomized multi-centre trial. Malar J. 2009;8:63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1475-2875-8-63
- Ndiaye JL, Randrianarivelojosia M, Sagara I, Brasseur P, Ndiaye I, Faye B, Randrianasolo L, Ratsimbasoa A, Forlemu D, Moor VA, Traore A, Dicko Y, Dara N, Lameyre V, Diallo M, Djimde A, Same-Ekobo A, Gaye O. Randomized, multicentre assessment of the efficacy and safety of ASAQ--a fixed-dose artesunate-amodiaquine combination therapy in the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria. Malar J. 2009;8:125. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1475-2875-8-125