María Luisa Jiménez Santana
National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubirán, Mexico City, Mexico
María Luisa Jiménez Santana, MD, Ob/Gyn Specialist
Ob/Gyn Specialist, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubirán, Mexico City, Mexico
Hi I'm Maria Luisa Jimenez Santana, I was born and live in Mexico City, studied medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the National Autonomous University of Mexico, did graduate studies in the field of gynecology and obstetrics, biology of human reproduction and a diploma in colposcopy and lower genital tract lesions.
Currently working as a specialist in one of the National institutes of Health of Mexico that provides tertiary care to adults. I'm in charge of the program of early detection of cervical cancer at the Institute. The area of my interest are sexually transmitted diseases, especially the human papillomavirus infection and clinical behavior in immunosuppressed patients, specifically women receiving kidney transplant, lupus erythematosus and HIV infection.
- Cravioto M-C, Jiménez-Santana L, Mayorga J, Seuc AH. Side effects unrelated to disease activity and acceptability of highly effective contraceptive methods in women with systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomized, clinical trial. Contraception. 2014 Aug 1;90(2):147-53. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2014.04.001
- Cravioto M-D-C, Durand-Carbajal M, Jiménez-Santana L, Lara-Reyes P, Seuc AH, Sánchez-Guerrero J. Efficacy of estrogen plus progestin on menopausal symptoms in women with systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011 Dec;63(12):1654-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/acr.20608
- Sánchez-Guerrero J, González-Pérez M, Durand-Carbajal M, Lara-Reyes P, Jiménez-Santana L, Romero-Díaz J, Cravioto M-C. Menopause hormonal therapy in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Sep;56(9):3070-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/art.22855
- Sánchez-Guerrero J, Uribe AG, Jiménez-Santana L, Mestanza-Peralta M, Lara-Reyes P, Seuc AH, Cravioto M-C. A trial of contraceptive methods in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med. 2005 Dec 15;353(24):2539-49. http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa050817
- Alaniz-Sánchez A, Jiménez-Santana L, Sánchez V. [A case of twin death with a co-twin of the acardius acephalus type]. Ginecol Obstet Mex. 1996 Oct;64:467-70.