Hawassa University, Ethiopia
Deresse Daka, BSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences, MSc in Medical Microbiology
Assistant Professor of Medical Microbiology, Hawassa University, Ethiopia
I am a young academician and researcher in Hawassa University, Hawassa, Ethiopia. I am very much enthusiastic to get something new to help the community in addressing the health and health related problems.
- Deresse Daka and Eskindir Loha (2008). Relationship between Total Lymphocyte count (TLC) and CD4 count among peoples living with HIV, Southern Ethiopia a retrospective evaluation. Journal of AIDS Research and Therapy., 5:26.
- Deresse Daka and Mohammed Awole (2009). Assessment of the Antibacterial Effect of Crude Preparation of Garlic (Allium Sativum) on Diarrhea Causing Bacteria: An in-Vitro Study. Asian Journals of Medical science 1(1):12-14.
- Deresse Daka and Alemayehu Toma (2009). Evaluation of the use of cotrimoxazole prophylaxis in people living with HIV/AIDS in Hawassa Referral hospital. Asian Journals of Medical sciences 1(3):21-24.
- Abraham W, Adamu A and Deresse D (2010). The Involvement of Men in Family Planning An Application of Transtheoretical Model in Wolaita Soddo Town South Ethiopia. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences 2(2): 44-50.
- Deresse Daka, Eskindir Loha, Araya Giday (2011). Streptococcus pneumonia and antimicrobial resistances: In-vitro assessment. African Journal of Medicinal Laboratory Diagnosis 1(2): 670-674.
- Deresse Daka (2011). Antibacterial effect of garlic (Allium sativum) on Staphylococcus aureus: An in vitro study. African Journal of Biotechnology 10(4):666-669.
- Deresse Daka Solomon G/silassie, Dawit Yihdego (2012). Antibiotic-resistance Staphylococcus aureus isolated from cow’s milk in the Hawassa area, South Ethiopia. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials 2012, 11:26 doi:10.1186/1476-0711-11-26.
- Moges Derbe, Dp Monga, Deresse Daka (2013). Immunological response among HIV/AIDS patients before and after ART therapy at Zewditu Hospital Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. American Journal of Research communication 2013,1(1): 103-115.
- Million Belay, Seid Abrar, Debela Bekele, Deresse Daka, Moges Derbe, Misganaw Birhaneselassie (2013). HIV/AIDS patients’ satisfaction on ART laboratory service in selected governmental hospitals, sidamma zone, southern Ethiopia. Science Journal of Public Health 2013; 1(2): 85-90.
- Deresse Daka, Dereje Lelissa and Aderajew Amsalu (2013). Prevalence of anaemia before and after the initiation of antiretroviral therapy at ART centre of Hawassa University Referral Hospital, Hawassa, South Ethiopia. Scholarly Journal of Medicine, 2013 Vol. 3(1) pp.1-6.
- Debebe Shaweno, Deresse Daka (2013). Association between O blood group and Helicobacter pylori infection: A systematic review and meta-analysis, Academic Journal, Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 2013 Vol. 5(12), pp. 471-478.
- Emebet Tekletsadik, Debebe Shaweno, Deresse Daka (2014): Prevalence, associated risk factors and consequences of premarital sex among female students in Aletawondo high school, Sidama Zone, Ethiopia. Academic Journal, Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 2014 Vol. 6(7), pp. 211-215.
- Deresse Daka and Debebe Shewano (2014). Magnitude of risky sexual behavior among high school adolescents in Ethiopia. A cross-sectional study. Academic Journal, Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 2014 Vol. 6(7), pp. 211-215.
- Deresse Daka (2014). Antibiotic-resistance Staphylococcus aureus isolated from mobile phone and hands of Health care workers in the Hawassa referral Hospital, South Ethiopia. Academic Journal, Journal of Microbiology and antimicrobials, 2014, Vol. 6(4), pp. 72-78.
- Endale Tadesse, Deresse Daka, Demo Yemaneh, Techalew Shimelis (2014). Sero-prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection and its related risk factors in symptomatic patients in southern Ethiopia. BMC Research Notes 2014, 7:834.
- Abera Kumalo, Tesfaye Kassa, Zewudneh S/Mariam, Deresse Daka and Andualem Henok Tadesse(2016). Bacterial Profile of Adult Sepsis and their Antimicrobial Susceptibility Pattern at Jimma University Specialized Hospital, South West Ethiopia. iMedPub Journals, Health Science Journal 2016, 10(2):3.