Dereje Bayissa Demissie
Department of Nursing, Ambo University, Ethiopia
Dereje Bayissa Demissie, BSc, MSc/MRH
Senior Lecturer and Researcher, Ambo University College of Medicine and Health Sciences Department of Nursing, Ambo, Ethiopia
Dereje Bayissa Demissie was born on the 9th of January 1987. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in nursing from Haramaya University College of Health Sciences in July 2009 and graduated with his Master of Science in Maternity and Reproductive health from Jimma University College of Medicine and Public Health in June 2013, focusing on Midwifery.
Dereje is a senior lecturer and researcher with six years’ experience as Healthcare Provider, Trainer of PMTCT, Teaching gynecology and Obstetrics, reproductive health, Family planning and other Nursing and Midwifery courses in the College of Medicine and Health Science in Ambo University. He has been Student Research Coordinator, Data Collector supervisor, Researcher, PMTCT & ART Counselor for the last three years.
Dereje has several publications in international journals and has presented in national panels and annual research conferences. He has been serving as an editorial member of a Journal.
He is currently a senior lecturer and researcher at Ambo University College of Medicine and Health Sciences Department of Nursing.
- Demissie DB, Tebeje B, Tesfaye T. Fertility desire and associated factors among people living with HIV attending antiretroviral therapy clinic in Ethiopia. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014;14:382. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12884-014-0382-2
- Nigatu A, Demissie DB. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on Voluntary Blood Donation and Associated Factors among Ambo University Regular Students, Ambo Town, Ethiopia. Journal of Community Medicine & Health Education. 2014;4(5). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-0711.1000315
- Demissie DB, Girma T, Abdissa G. Dual Contraceptive Utilization and Associated Factors among People Living with HIV Attending ART Clinic in Fitche Hospital, Ethiopia. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing. 2015;20(0):25-33. Available from: http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JHMN/article/view/27160
- Tolasa B, Demissie DB, Tesfaye T, Belachew T. Food Insecurity and Associated Factors among People Living with HIV Attending ART Clinic in Fitche Zonal Hospital, Ethiopia. Journal of Pharmacy and Alternative Medicine. 2015;8(0):8-17. Available from: http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JPAM/article/view/26994
- Demissie DB, Tilahun A, Arga A, Kurke A, Awel A, Oljira K. Male Involvement in Family Planning and Associated Factors among Marriedin Malegedo Town West Shoa Zone, Oromia, Ethiopia. Journal of Culture, Society and Development. 2016;15(0):11-8. Available from: http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JCSD/article/view/28119
- Demissie DB, Abduro K, Teklu H. Intimate Partner Violence against Married Women and Associated Factors in Gedo Town, Oromia, Ethiopia. Journal of Culture, Society and Development. 2016;15(0):1-10. Available from: http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JCSD/article/view/28118
- Abate A, Demissie DB, Belachew T. Predictors of Acute Malnutrition Among 6 - 23 Months Children in Hidhebu Abote Woreda, Oromia, Ethiopia. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing. 2016;24(0):119-29. Available from: http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JHMN/article/view/29697
- Geleta D, Demissie DB, Seyoum B, Egata G. Prevalence of Anemia and Associated Factors among PHIVs Attendants Antiretroviral Therapy Clinics in Public Health Institutions in Dire Dawa Town, East Ethiopia. Journal of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics. 2016;22(0):66-73. Available from: http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JMPB/article/view/29214