Alem Gebremariam Abreha
School of Public Health, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Alem Gebremariam Abreha, BSc, MPH in Epidemiology
PhD Student, School of Public Health, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Mr. Alem Gebremariam Abreha was born on 13 October 1982. He graduated from Mekelle University, Ethiopia in 2008 with a Bachelor of Public Health, and graduated with a Master’s Degree in Public Health of Epidemiology from Addis Ababa University, School of Public Health in 2012.
Alem worked in Madawalabu University and Adigrat University, Ethiopia with the position of lecturer of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. He had involved in different national level qualitative and quantitative data collection and coordination activities, specifically on Reproductive health related surveys. He worked with different organizations like JSI, Healings Hands of Joy, UNICEF, JHEIPIGO, MI-Ethiopia, FHI 360 and UNFPA. Currently, he is a PhD student and researcher in the School of Public Health at Addis Ababa University. Furthermore, he produced numerous high standard reports for international organizations. He has conducted and published researches on Family planning, occupational injury and cesarean section.
- Tolesa Bekele, Alem Gebremariam, Muhammedawel Kaso, and Kemal Ahmed. Attitude, reporting behavior and management practice of occupational needle stick and sharp injury among hospital health care workers in Bale zone, Southeast Ethiopia. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology (2015) 10:42 DOI 10.1186/s12995-015-0085-2
- Tolesa Bekele, Alem Gebremariam, Muhammedawel Kaso, and Kemal Ahmed. Factors associated with occupational needle stick and sharp injuries among hospital health care workers in Bale zone, Southeast Ethiopia. PLoS ONE 10(10): e0140382. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0140382: (http://dx.doi.org/10.5061/dryad.c78v2).
- Samson Kahsay, Gebretsadik Berhe, Alem Gebremariam and Betel Birhane. Determinants of Caesarean Deliveries and its Major Indications in Adigrat Hospital, Northern Ethiopia: A Case Control Study. Epidemiology (sunnyvale) 2015, 5:3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1165.1000192
- Hadush Gebremariam, Alem Gebremariam, Genet Tesfay, Omer Said, and Huruy Assefa . Mean Difference of Age at Menarche and Body Mass Index among Government and Private High-School students of Mekelle City, Northern Ethiopia. J Nutr Food Sci 2015, S3. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-9600.S3-004
- Tolesa Bekele, Muhammedawel Kaso, Alem Gebremariam, Wakgari Deressa (2015) Sexual Violence and Associated Factors among Female Students of Madawalabu University in Ethiopia. Epidemiology (sunnyvale) 2015, 5:(2). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1165.1000190
- Tolesa Bekele, Alem Gebremariam, and Papelon Tura. Factors Associated with Contraceptive Discontinuation in Agarfa District, Bale Zone, South East Ethiopia. Epidemiology (sunnyvale); 2015, 5(1). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1165.1000179
- Alem Gebremariam, and Adamu Addissie. Modern contraceptive method mix and factors affecting utilization of modern contraceptives among married women in Adigrat town, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. Family Medicine & Medical Science Research; 2014, 3(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2327-4972.1000139
- Tolesa Bekele, Alem Gebremariam, and Papelon Tura. Contraceptive Choice and Switching Pattern among Married Women in Rural Community of South East Ethiopia. Family Medicine & Medical Science Research; 2014, 3(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2327-4972.1000133
- Alem Gebremariam, and Adamu Addissie. Knowledge and Perception on Long Acting and Permanent Contraceptive Methods in Adigrat Town, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia; Qualitative study. International Journal of Family Medicine; 2014(878639). http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/878639
- Alem Gebremariam, and Adamu Addissie. Intention to use long acting and permanent contraceptive methods and factors affecting it among married women in Adigrat town, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. BMC Reproductive Health Journal; 2014, 11(24). http://www.reproductive-health-journal.com/content/11/1/24