Shailee N Vyas
Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat, India
Shailee N Vyas, MD, Community Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Community Medicine, Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat, India
Passionate about adolescent health and research in the same field.
Did major research in the field of Adolescent health as a part of dissertation titled “Assessment of Knowledge, Perceptions and Practices in relation to General, Reproductive and Sexual health among adolescents in Surat city” during MD Community Medicine course in the year 2012.
Have received National Award from the IAPSM (Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine) for research in Adolescent Health and presentation of a research article titled “Adolescent sexuality: perceptions, preferences and practices” in the year 2015.
Master trainer in the RKSK (Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram) which is a newly launched program focusing of adolescent boys in India.
Have been working as a state routine immunization monitor in the state of Gujarat, India since last 3 years.
- Shailee Vyas, Mohua Moitra, Vipul Chaudhari, Shantilal Kantharia; Adolescents’ Perception regarding HIV-RTI-STIs in Surat City. Int J Res Med 2013; 2(1);109-112.
- Bhadra Trivedi, Shailee Vyas, Bhavin Dave. Assessment of knowledge of common feeding practices among the mothers of Vadodara district – a cross sectional study. Int J Res Med; 2013; 2(2); 21-24.
- Vyas S, Moitra M, Chaudhari VP, Kantharia SL. Anthropometric and hypertensive profile of adolescents of Surat city – a cross sectional study. Natl J of Community Medicine 2014:5(3);262-5.
- Bhadra Trivedi, Shailee Vyas, Bhavin Dave, Khyati Desai. Knowledge, attitude and practices of breastfeeding among the mothers of Waghodia district – a cross sectional study. Int J Res Med 2014; 3(3);17-21.
- Trivedi BY, Vyas SN, Dave BS, Desai KA. Complementary feeding practices among mothers of Waghodia Taluka of Vadodara: a knowledge, attitude, and practice study. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2015;4:647-651.
- Vyas S, Moitra M, Chaudhari V. Menstrual Health of Adolescent Girls in Surat City – A Cross Sec-tional Study. Ntl J of Community Med 2015; 6(3):374-378.